RadonSeal Deep-Penetrating Concrete Sealers
Your Damp Basement Solution
RadonSeal Deep-Penetrating Concrete Sealer has been the leading penetrating concrete sealer for the preservation and protection of commercial and residential concrete and concrete blocks since its inception in the late 1990's.
RadonSeal is a clear, waterborne, reactive sealer used for strengthening and waterproofing poured concrete, heavyweight concrete blocks, limestone, grout and other cementitious building materials. RadonSeal seals the pores and capillaries of concrete against water and water vapor. Aids in reducing basement moisture, damp proofs concrete, and assists reducing radon gas levels and soil gas intrusion. Strengthens and hardens indoor and outdoor concrete against dusting, cracking, freeze thaw, deicing chemicals and efflorescence.
Unlike the majority of concrete sealers sold in stores and clear coatings marketed towards enhancing surface appearances, RadonSeal is not a membrane of clear coating sealant. RadonSeal penetrates. Absorbing deep into concrete and sealing the pores and capillaries of the concrete below the surface. RadonSeal will not alter the appearance of a concrete surface. It will not leave behind a glossy coating, nor will it change the surface friction of concrete.
These important characteristics make RadonSeal special and considered the best concrete sealer before the application of concrete paint, epoxy floor coatings, clear sealants, concrete levelers, floating slabs, wood floors, and adhesive. It is inherently slip resistant making it a safe choice for use on outdoor concrete, driveways, concrete steps, ramps, parking areas, and under heavy vehicular and foot traffic.
RadonSeal is the Only Concrete Sealer Backed by a Lifetime Money-Back Guarantee!
RadonSeal Standard is a penetrating sealer, sufficient for use on newer concrete. Recommended for indoor poured concrete less than 20-years old. Outdoor concrete less than 2-years old. View Instruction & Application.
Indoor Poured Concrete: 200-225 sq. ft. per/gal. Outdoor Concrete: 175-225 sq. ft. per/gal.
RadonSeal Plus is highly concentrated for more porous concrete. Recommended for indoor poured concrete over 20-years old. Outdoor poured concrete over 2-years old. Heavyweight Concrete Blocks, and Cinder Blocks. View Instruction & Application.
Indoor Poured Concrete: 200-225 sq. ft. per/gal. Outdoor Concrete: 175-225 sq. ft. per/gal. Concrete Blocks: 100-125 sq. ft. per/gal.
The Permanent Concrete Sealer
RadonSeal concrete sealer works by being absrobed by porous concrete, penetrating internally, deep below the surface (up to 4") where it chemically reacts with free lime and alkali (Portland Cement). As RadonSeal continuously reacts, it begins to cure and harden as a silicate mineral, expanding and sealing the pores of concrete.
The seal can never peel, delaminate, or wear away. It is unable to be pushed out of the concrete, regardless of the amount of negative-side water pressure. The seal becomes integral to the concrete itself! No reapplication is ever required. It is like injecting more cement into your concrete.
Applying RadonSeal helps to protect below-grade concrete, slab-on-grade construction, cellars, basements, and subterranean concrete against ground water seepage, moisture, damp concrete, damp concrete blocks, and sweating garage floors.
Use to seal exterior foundation walls before the application of damp-proofing membranes (tar, asphalt, rubberized coatings). When membranes and coatings begin to break down, wear, or crack, RadonSeal will help waterproof the matrix of concrete. Adding further waterproofing protection by blocking capillary water seepage and water vapor. Minimizing the leaching of efflorescence and salt deposits.
In addition to the waterproofing capabilities, RadonSeal will strengthen and densify concrete. Strengthening concrete helps to preserve the integrity of the substrate against concrete dusting, cracking, concrete spalls, surface crazing, aggregate pop-outs, and minor defects due to surface traffic.
As a concrete densifier, RadonSeal protects outdoor concrete against freeze-thaw, deicing chemicals, vehicular traffic, rebar corrosion, acid rain, lawn irrigation systems, and unsightly efflorescence.
Reduces Radon and Soil Gases
Radon gas can sneaks into homes and basements through openings in the basement and crawlspaces, cracks, gaps, open sump pits, hollow core concret block walls, and through the pores of concrete. Radon gas kills over 21,000 people in the United States every year. After cigarette smoking, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer deaths in the U.S.
The health risks are proportional to the radon levels in your home. There is no "safe" radon level. Seventy-percent of radon attributed deaths are caused by homes with radon levels below 4 pC/L, which is the US EPA's "Action Level". It is advised to reduce radon levels to a practical minimum!
Applying RadonSeal to indoor concrete provides an effective mitigation method than can aid and/or reduce radon levels in your home. In comparison to fan-based mitigation systems, sealing openings and applying a radon sealer to concrete can sometimes save on the initial cost and operating costs year after year.
The RadonSeal Advantage for Concrete
Choosing to ignore the use of a concrete sealer would be similar to not sealing and protecting wood surfaces. Using RadonSeal on indoor and outdoor concrete provides several important benefits to concrete, home, basement, and the homeowner:
- Concrete Waterproofing – Can greatly reduce capillary water seepage, water vapor and concrete moisture.
- Efflorescence – RadonSeal reacts with the alkalis inside concrete and can stop or minimize efflorescence and salt deposits.
- Eco-Friendly – ZERO VOCs, no solvents, no noxious odors or fumes. Safe for indoor use!
- User-Friendly – Water-based (not solvent based). Easily applied using a low-pressure, hand-pump "garden or bug" sprayer.
- Vapor Transmission – Restricts water vapor inflow before the installation of moisture sensitive flooring
- Radon Mitigation – Aids in reducing radon levels by restricting the infiltration of soil gases through concrete capillaries and pores.
- Breathable Sealer – Does not trap water vapor. Allows concrete to breath and dry.
- Mold Remediation – Aids in the prevention of mold and mildew growth.
- Musty Odors – Helps to alleviate musty basement odors by reducing moisture, humidity.
- Reduces Cracking – Protects against the rusting and expansion of rebar which can cause cracking.
- Concrete Hardener – Strengthens surfaces flint hard. Protects against freeze-thaw and road salts.
- Neutralizes Alkalis – Reduces high pH which helps improve the success of water-based stains and concrete paints. Ideal for reducing pH in fish and koi ponds, dog kennels, and animal stables
- Deep-Cleans – Purges contaminants, old efflorescence, minor oil and grease spills, and animal urine to the surface.
Concrete Surface Uses
Because RadonSeal works by reacting with Portland Cement, it is most effective when used on high-quality concrete (+3" thick) such as;
- Poured Concrete Sealer – Below-grade foundation walls, wet basement walls and basement floors. Garage slabs. Slab-on-grade constructions. Crawlspace slabs. Factory and warehouse floors. Commercial concrete. Driveways, sidewalks, pool decks, patios, car ports, concrete curbs, parking lots, seawalls, storage tanks, cooling towers, concrete bridges, concrete columns, building facades.
- Concrete Block Sealer – Basement walls, building facades and retaining walls. See Cinder Block Sealer.
- Mortar Sealer – Helps to solidify mortar between concrete blocks and porous mortar in older stone foundation walls.
- Limestone Sealer – Old basements walls constructed from limestone and concrete. Limestone building facades and columns. Interior or exterior.
- Stucco Sealer – Indoor stucco applied over concrete.
Basement Sealer for Foundation Walls and Floors
RadonSeal Concrete Sealer is most commonly applied to restrict moisture, capillary water seepage, water vapor and efflorescence on indoor, below-grade foundation walls, basement floors, slab-on-grade construction, foundation concrete blocks walls, retaining walls, and sweating garage slabs. In addition to the waterproofing capabilities, RadonSeal is used to strengthen and densify concrete, indoor and outdoors. Helping to preserve and protect against concrete dusting, cracking, efflorescence and spalls.
RadonSeal Standard and RadonSeal Plus are the strongest formulated silicate-based concrete sealers because they penetrate deeper, carry more active minerals into the concrete, and sealing tighter than other concrete sealer. Penetration does not rely upon gravity to penetrate, it penetrates by capillary action allowing for use on basement walls and concrete ceilings.
Because excavating foundation walls is expensive and often not always feasible, RadonSeal is commonly applied to the inside of basement and foundation walls. However, if there is an opportunity to apply it to both sides of the concrete walls, it has the added advantage of preserving the exterior surface of the concrete and extending the life of any waterproofing coating by protecting it against saponification caused by alkalis from the concrete.
Use RadonSeal Before Painting or Hardwood Flooring
When applied to a sufficiently porous concrete surface, RadonSeal leaves the surface paintable (does not bead water). Sealing damp concrete floors and damp basement walls with high-moisture rates is recommended before applying floor coatings, paints, adhesives, mastic, gloss finish epoxy or urethane coatings, wet-look sealers, concrete overlays, surface levelers, or moisture-sensitive flooring (wood floors).
RadonSeal seals concrete floors to greatly reduce the wicking of water, water vapor through the pores and capillaries of concrete. Deep-sealing concrete slabs helps block efflorescence which protects epoxy coatings and paints from cracking and peeling. Applying RadonSeal helps protect clear coatings from delamination and blushing and hardwood floors from trapping moisture, leading to buckling and mold growth.
For more info on how RadonSeal works, efflorescence, the “alkali attack," how to protect concrete, paints, and flooring against deterioration, visit RadonSeal - Your First Choice for Sealing Concrete.
Waterproofing Guarantee – Please review the RadonSeal Waterproofing Guarantee in detail.
Radon Guarantee – Please review the RadonSeal Radon Reduction Guarantee in detail.